Compared with conventional lighting, LED lighting still is developing new products; so many consumers do not fully understand on how to install the LED lights. Problems may occur during the installation of LED lights which will lead you cannot use, so how to properly use and install LED lights to extend the service life of LED lights, is what we also need to understand. When install the LED lights, you should make sure to install in the correct method, if excessive distortion or use incorrect installation methods, it is likely to cause damage to the lights, reduce the service life of lights, which is not conducive to the maintenance of lights.
1. Power connection method: LED lights general voltage is DC 12V, so it need to use switching power supply, you should choose the power size according the power supply connection length. If you do not want to control each LED lights with a power supply, you can buy a relatively large switching power supply, and then put all the LED lights input power in parallel (if wire size is not enough, then you can additionally extend), unified by the total switching power supply. The benefits are you can centrally control, convenient place is single LED lights lit effect and switching control cannot be achieved. You can employ to measure the specific manner by yourself.
2. Each meter has a “scissors” mark, you can only cut in the mark, wrong cut or partial cut will lead to a meter does not shine! It is best to look carefully the mark position before you cut, according to the middle place that do not connect.
3. Note the LED lights connection distance: In general, 3528 series LED lights connection distances is up to 20 meters, 5050 series LED lights maximum connection distance is 15 meters. If you exceed this connection distance, the LED lights are easy to heat, will affect the LED lights service life in the use process. Therefore, you must install according to the manufacturer’s requirements, should not make LED lights overload operation.
4. Each light must be equipped with a special plug (a plug with a transformer), when connect, be sure to remove the plastic cover, and then cover it after connect and test light. Do not connect directly with cover, which is easy to short circuit.
5. Outdoor installation: due to outdoor installation will withstand wind and rain, if use 3M adhesive fix, then, for a long time, the LED lights off because 3M adhesion decrease, so outdoor installation often use slot fixed way, the local place that needs cut and connect, methods is similar with indoor installation, just need another with waterproof glue to reinforce waterproof connection points.
6. Indoor installation: when LED lights are used for interior decoration, since do not need to withstand wind and rain, so installation is very simple. Take LED strip lights as example, each LED lights are affixed with self-adhesive 3M double-sided adhesive, when install, you can tear the sticker on the 3M double sided tape surface, then fixe the LED strip light in installation place and flat it.
7. Controller connection: LED ticker tape and RGB lights all need to use the controller to achieve the changing effects, and each controller control distance is not the same, in general, a simple controller control distance is 10 to 15 meters, remote controller control the distance is 15-20 meters, the longest you can control is up to 30 meters away. If the LED strip lights connection distance is longer, but the controller cannot control the lights for so long, then you need to tap with the power amplifier.
8. LED strip lights are usually installed on light trough, put straight on it, you can also use a string or thin wire for fixation. For exterior or vertical loading, you need another child and tail plug. The original clip is fully transparent, if it is installed outdoors, it is best to install waterproof plastic glass marked after the end of the plug so it is more waterproof.